Master Page & Registering scripts, css in MVC 4 Razor view engine
Hi folks,
For the past couple of months my team were discussing about using MVC 4 RAZOR view engine.
We had couple of go thorough with it. But, Finally a doubt arose on my mind just before the day to kick off.
So I woke up mind and started to have a look and I found about adding master page,and two more thinks with it. (CSS & Script registering).
MasterPage? Where is it???
With the MVC 4 Razor view template you can find several cshtml pages under Views/Shared. I bet you not all off them are master pages.
By default you can find _Layout.cshtml (considerably the default master page).(See Image)
So, Where we register Script & Css???
Here we go,open up the _Layout.cshtml to get a clear view on it..
For the past couple of months my team were discussing about using MVC 4 RAZOR view engine.
We had couple of go thorough with it. But, Finally a doubt arose on my mind just before the day to kick off.
So I woke up mind and started to have a look and I found about adding master page,and two more thinks with it. (CSS & Script registering).
MasterPage? Where is it???
With the MVC 4 Razor view template you can find several cshtml pages under Views/Shared. I bet you not all off them are master pages.
By default you can find _Layout.cshtml (considerably the default master page).(See Image)
How it is refereed to a view(page)?
If you choose to keep the default master page while you creating a view, then you can find the reference under Views/_ViewStart.cshtml
Else, It will be mentioned in the view(page) it self...
You can add custom master page as a default master page by changing that in _ViewStart.cshtml
So, Where we register Script & Css???
Here we go,open up the _Layout.cshtml to get a clear view on it..
you could see
@Styles.Render("~/Content/css")
@Scripts.Render("~/bundles/modernizr")
I spend a ample time on searching bundles folder in my application and finally found that is not a "directory" (?!!!)
What really it is??
Go to App_Start/BundleConfig.cs
There you find how it is refereed.
I made the post with screenshots rather with text, hope you found this helpful.






Comments
Post a Comment
We appreciate your valuable feedback and comments